BBQ SPARE RIBS
Treat yourself to some amazing smoky sweet spare ribs.
Sauce can go a long way to enhancing the flavors your grill imparts. Here’s a citrusy and sweet and spicy sauce or if that’s not your thing, just use your favorite BBQ sauce.
2 lbs. of spare ribs
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 thin lemon slices
2 tbsp. liquid smoke
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
1/4 tsp.cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• Get your grill started with lump charcoal.
• Season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.
• Place ribs on the grill over heat.
• Combine all sauce ingredients in a pot and simmer over low heat, until well blended.
• Cook ribs slowly and brush with barbecue sauce every 15 to 20 minutes, until fully cooked. You’ll need to add more charcoal throughout the cooking process.
• Serve hot with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!