BLEU CHEESE BACON BURGERS
Here’s a tasty new twist on an evergreen dish. Everyone loves burgers and there are endless variations to keep it fresh. This adds some smokey hickory flavor as well as melted bleu cheese and bacon.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 25 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 buns
- 1 cup bleu cheese
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup hickory wood chips or chunks
- In a bowl, mix the beef, salt, pepper, and chili powder
- Create patties.
- Start your hardwood charcoal in charcoal chimney.
- Let your grill preheat until a nice layer of ash covers all your chunks and add hickory wood just before cooking
- Add patties over direct heat for about 5 minutes per side, flipping once
- When the patties are within 2 minutes of being done, add cheese
- Toast bun ~1 minute before if desired.
- Remove burgers, garnish and enjoy