Cedar Planked Salmon Burger
If you haven’t made a salmon burger then it’s time to give it a shot! Pickled fennel and a zesty paprika mayo go a long way to making this an instant favorite wherever you serve it.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cedar planks
- 24 oz. chopped raw Salmon
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp. green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 4 buns
- 1 Fennel bulb
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Saffron
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the grill to 425°F, and soak the planks in hot water for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Put the salmon in a large bowl.
- Add the mustard, bread crumbs, onions, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 4 equal patties
- To make the pickled fennel, trim the stalks from the bulb, remove the core and thinly slice. Add it and the saffron to a heat safe bowl.
- Add the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling vinegar mixture over the fennel and saffron and cover, leave to cool.
- For the sauce combine the mayo with paprika and lemon juice.
- Lay the salmon patties on the cedar planks and put on the grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- To serve, quickly toast the buns and spread some paprika mayo on the bottom buns, top with the salmon patty and pickled fennel.
Cedar Planked Salmon Burger | Better Wood Products
If you haven’t made a salmon burger then it's time to give it a shot! Pickled fennel and a zesty paprika mayo go a long way to making this an instant favorite
Preparation Time: PT
Cooking Time: PT
Total Time: PT