Kansas City Burnt Ends
- 1 brisket point (~4 – 5 lbs.)
- Your favorite dry rub seasoning
- Preheat your smoker to 225–250°F and add your favorite smoking wood.
- Trim all fat from the brisket point and season liberally with dry rub.
- Place seasoned point in the smoker, cover and allow it to cook for five hours.
- Remove from the smoker and wrap in a layer of tin foil
- Return it to the smoker.
- Cook until meat reaches an internal temperature of 210°F.
- Pressing with your finger, there should be some resistance, but still soft to the touch
- Leave wrapped in foil and let cool on the counter for 10–15 minutes
- Slice the meat into 1×1 inch cubes
*The brisket point is the fatty part of a whole brisket. While usually not sold alone, it doesn’t hurt to ask your local butcher if they have one handy.